Welcome to the Wisconsin State Public Defender's on-demand training! Here are brief instructions to get you started.
Creating a User Account:
1. Go to http://training.wispd.org
2. Click on Create new account(in the "Login” box on the top right of the screen)
3. Fill out the form with your details.
4. An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
5. Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
6. Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
7. Now, select the course you want to participate in.
8. If you are prompted for an "enrollment key" - use the one that the SPD has given you. This will "enroll" you in the course.
9. You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.
Navigating the Course:
1. Each course is divided into a number of sections, including brief videos, PDF documents and short quizzes. *It is not necessary to finish the course in one sitting.
2. The videos and PDFs open in a separate window. When finished with a video or PDF, simply close the window to return to the course.
3. The quizzes open within the course itself. When finished with a quiz, click on the course name button in the upper left of the screen or at the bottom of the screen to return to the course.
Continuing Legal Education Credits:
Please mail tuition in the form of a check made payable to "State Public Defenders Office” to:
Attn. Michelle McGillivary
PO Box 7923
Madison, WI 53707-7923
Additional Resources:If you have questions or experience problems, please contact either Chris Lang or Michelle McGillivary.